Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Homemade Whole Wheat Italian Breadcrumbs

I came up for this breadcrumb recipe, when I saw that I had some bread nearing the end of its life in my pantry. I had set out to make Chicken Parmesan, and was originally planning on just grilling the chicken. However, when I eyed the bread leftover from a French Toast experiment, I decided to put my new Cuisinart food processor to the test. It did not disappoint! Making my own breadcrumbs was incredibly easy, and I will continue to make them myself instead of buying them at the store in the future. If you don't own a food processor these can also be made in a blender, or just throw everything into a big zip-lock bag and roll over it with a rolling pin until you have your desired consistency!

I only ended up using half of the breadcrumbs in this recipe for my Chicken Parmesan. The leftovers can be stored in a zip-lock bag in the freezer until you're ready to use them again!



Homemade Whole Wheat Italian Bread Crumbs  Print this Recipe!


4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Dried Minced Onion Flakes
Salt
Pepper

Place bread in toaster. Once bread is toasted tear into pieces and place into your food processor or blender (or zip-lock bag). Add dried herbs, spices, salt and pepper to taste. Pulse the mixer until you have your desired consistency. Freeze leftovers.

My photo and lighting assistant, happy to be helping with a red and white by his side!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment