Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

I made this the other night for the boyfriend and I, and man was it good! I saw this recipe on Pinterest and immediately knew it was a meal Chris and I would both love. Not only was it incredibly delicious, but also so easy! I was a little worried when I was making it because I didn't read the comments on  Christina's post until after I had already bought my pork loin. She used pork tenderloin in her recipe, and some readers who used regular pork loin said theirs' had come out too dry, or had to be sliced instead of falling apart. I also knew I was going to be cooking my meat for much longer than the recommended 6-8 hours because I was meeting Chris downtown at Bayou for an appetizer before coming home and having dinner, which did not help my "dried out pork" concerns. However, this recipe could not have been more wonderful. The meat was falling apart just how I wanted and was incredibly moist. I think the pork loin was perfect for the amount of time mine needed to cook. If you want to make this meal in a shorter amount of time, then I would recommend going with the pork tenderloin instead, and only using half of amount of water indicated below.









Whatever you do, do not skip the glaze! It is oh-so-wonderful, the perfect mixture of tangy and sweet. Of course, Chris liked his glaze mixed in with a little ketchup for more of a "barbeque" taste, but I thought it was just fantastic on it's lonesome. I served this pork loin with my roasted vegetables, onion roasted potatoes, and rolls.  The leftovers made great sandwiches too!




 
Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin (adapted from C&C Marriage Factory)
Print this Recipe!

1 (2 pound) Boneless Pork Loin (or pork tenderloin)
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove of garlic- minced
1 cup water


Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Combine salt, sage, pepper and garlic. Rub all over pork, making sure to completely cover. Place in crock pot, fat side up, with 1 cup of water, add water first to help ensure that the pork doesn't stick to the bottom of the slow-cooker. Cook on low for 8-12 hours (I know most people will not cook for 12 hours, but this is just what happened when I made it!). About an hour before you plan on serving, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, and soy sauce in a small sauce pan. (Do not add dry cornstarch to a hot mixture, this will cause the cornstarch to clump!) Heat and stir on low to medium low until mixer thickens. Brush or spoon on roast two or three times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with extra glaze.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment